Academy Intensive Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you when using this website to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Academy Intensive Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 24th, 2018.
More information about GDPR can also be found on our Data protection page.
What we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best service we can, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Booking of Theory & Practical Driving Tests
- To cancel or rearrange Theory & Practical Driving Tests
- To book accommodation on your behalf
- To arrange an instructor for your course or lesson
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- With you permission we would like to use your ‘pass’ photo on our websites and our social media sites together with your name.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- To allow a supply of tests we will automatically rebook a test for you should you fail, please inform us at the time if you do not want us to do this.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you would like to see what personal data we hold about you electronically and on paper, we have a legal duty to comply and will happily do so. You will need to confirm your identity with a photographic form of I.D. like a passport or driving licence. We will only be able to process requests made with photo I.D. We will respond within the statutory time limit of 1 month.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com or by post to the address on the contact us page as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.